New Test to Stay Protocol Expands Options to Keep
More Students in School
Lind-Ritzville Cooperative Schools has applied and been approved for Test to Stay, a modified quarantine option (from the DOH and Adams County Health Department) for unvaccinated students identified as K-12 close contacts of COVID-19 cases. This program helps reduce exclusions from in-person instruction, if all required mitigation measures are followed, and uses periodic COVID-19 tests (described below) to keep students in school. Test to Stay is considered when a student is exposed to a confirmed COVID-19 case at school.
Unvaccinated students who are exposed to COVID-19 in school and have no symptoms are eligible. Note: This option does not apply to teachers or staff. This option does not apply for students who have been identified as a close contact from a community-related transmission (e.g., household, social activity, or event).
Test to Stay Protocol
Unvaccinated students may continue to attend school in person in a modified quarantine status for 7 days after exposure, if they:
- Are tested at least three times during the 7 days of quarantine (goalis day 1,3 & 5 ); AND
- Continue to remain asymptomatic; AND
- Continue to wear a mask (students with a mask waiver are ineligible); AND
- Continue to quarantine from (i.e., not participate in) all extracurricular activities at school, including sports, and other activities outside their home (e.g. scouts,music lessons, etc.) for the entirety of their modified quarantine period. This includes group childcare or youth development programs provided before and after school, which should not be attended during modified quarantine.
- Collection and processing of tests for asymptomatic students during a modified quarantine may occur in schools, healthcare settings, or other locations supervised by school or healthcare personnel.
- Our schools use Binax Rapid Antigen Tests for students. Parents may also choose off-site health care locations for testing. (At-home do-it-yourself test kits are not accepted.)
- Signed consent form from parents/guardians is required for students to receive school-based testing. Parent Consent Form Formulario de consentimiento para la prueba rápida de antígenos de COVID-19
If your student is eligible for Test to Stay or another response is required, our staff will communicate next steps and provide additional details. ACHD may provide further instructions or required guidance.
For more information on the Abbott BinaxNOW Rapid Antigen Test Click Here